Exciting opportunity in St. Louis, MO! Our Client needs you! They are currently going through a cloud migration and seeking someone who has truly worked in and understands Amazon Web Services. The team exports code wicked fast and can build 10 servers in a matter of hours! This is a direct-hire opportunity…Sorry- no consultants or Corp to Corp.
You will be providing services to the infrastructure of the company (so no external guest support.) 100% Linux environment (no Windows).
BEFORE APPLYING YOU GOTTA HAVE:
Automation experience- You gotta know automation! 🙂 (Their automation tool is Ansible, however if you have experience in Chef or Puppet that would work too.)
Actual hands-on experience working in AWS, load balancers, servers, networks, and storage- Be prepared! The hiring manager knows his stuff and will quiz you on your expertise. You gotta know how it works and provide examples of what you have done in these platforms.
There are times where you may need to identify and advise on potential pitfalls the company may experience and suggest alternatives that would better serve the stability and security of various platforms.
Also need your guidance in solving complex technical issues, which can include OS level, web server, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, network or other software issues.
Systems architecture design
Hardware/ software specification and/or design, and implementation
Particular focus on the public cloud migration and support
• Responsible for deployment and maintenance of hardware, software and networking systems.
• Ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance.
• Automation of all aspects of infrastructure and application support.
• Reviews and approves technical documentation and architecture proposals.
• Maintain infrastructure and application uptime.
• Support office communication platforms.
• Work together well both with a team and independently.
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required, with minimum 5 years system
• Experience with AWS products including EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch,
• RHEL/CentOS (RHEL Certification a plus).
• Python & Nginx Technical Stack • MySQL/MariaDB Administration including
• Puppet and/or Ansible automation platforms.
• Knowledge of scripting languages – bash, python, etc.
• Knowledge of monitoring systems, SNMP, Nagios, Zabbix, Prometheus, cacti, Grafana