General Statement of Duties: Responsible for the maintenance and support of all telephony applications including the enterprise call center, cost auditing, incident management, reporting and analytics, enterprise collaboration, and performance management applications. Oversee all telecommunications functions, including installation and configuring of VoIP and TDM services and equipment.
Provide subject matter expertise in the Interactive Intelligence/Genesys Pure Connect platform including phone switching, systems integration, voice mail, dialer, voice response unit, conferencing (audio/video), call recording capabilities, and Session Initation Protocol (SIP) Trunking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Call Center/Service Support – Research, review and participate in new call center application development requests and initiatives. Effectively interact with other staff and external parties for the purpose of gathering and providing information related to servicing initiatives.
2. Manage Voice Provider Services/Costs – Support implementation of local and long distance carrier services to achieve the most economical rates with high availability. Provide recommendations for updates or replacements of the communication system and interfacing services. Monitor monthly invoices and phone system reports to ensure efficiency of operations. Leadership efforts with regard to telecom-related cost management, providing ongoing cost reduction/containment plans. Work with vendors and resellers to drive down maintenance costs and foster ongoing competitive landscape.
3. Voice Operations Engineer – Install communications equipment such as voice gateways, routers, and switches. Verify services by working with vendors for testing circuits, equipment, and alarms. Research, identify, and repair VoIP call quality and stability issues with tools such as a WireShark Packet Analyzer.
4. Maintain Vision and Communication for Voice Infrastructure – Responsible for ongoing definition and execution towards clearly stated vision for voice communications. Provide regular written and verbal updates to communicate the vision and the roadmap for successful execution. Ensure robust monitoring, management and planning processes are in place and maintained to ensure a highly available and efficient infrastructure.
5. Quality Assurance – Maintain rigorous adherence to defined lifecycle processes and quality implementation objectives. Support Configuration and Change Management processes with ongoing review/validation of system changes/upgrades to support continuous improvement.
6. Execution Focused – Drive towards defined objectives with realization that the 80/20 rule is critical to achieving measurable progress in a timely manner. Able to make and support decisions based upon clearly outlined goals.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required. Minimum of 3 years of applied experience in telecommunications infrastructure design, deployment and management. Minimum of 2 years managing an Interactive Intelligence platform in a call center environment preferred but not required. Direct experience in leading cost reduction projects, RFPs and management of multiple vendor/supplier relationships. Deep understanding of call center applications and support expectations.
Technical Skills: To perform this job successfully, we prefer enhanced Microsoft desktop/server knowledge in a virtual environment, in addition to direct working knowledge of Interactive Intelligence/Genesys Pure Connect and SIP trunking in multi-site architectures. IP network troubleshooting experience with Wireshark
Certificates and Licenses: Interactive Intelligence certification for CIC is required either when hired or within the first six months of starting work.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To build a diverse workforce, and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.