Our client is seeking an experienced and aggressive Legal Assistant/Scheduler to join their family. Their practice focuses on property damage litigation (plaintiff-side only). Prior scheduling experience in civil litigation is required and the candidate is expected to employ a creative, results-oriented approach to getting events scheduled and on the calendar in a timely and efficient manner. Competitive salary and and amazing benefits included.
Candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
• Coordinating, scheduling and calendaring of all court hearings, depositions, mediations, examinations under oaths, recorded statements and property inspections, teleconferences, among other events and deadlines.
• Assisting with the management of the attorney’s schedule/calendar and providing reminders of deadlines and follow-ups.
• Coordinating travel for attorneys when in relation to court hearings, depositions, mediations, examinations under oaths, recorded statements and property inspections. Hotels, airfare, and car rental.
• Drafting notices and other legal documents and correspondence.
• E-filing with the court.
• Assisting with discovery as requested.
• Case and file management.
• Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
• Providing client updates and assisting in client relations management.
• Other litigation duties as needed.
Qualifications and Must haves:
• Minimum 2 to 3 years Civil Litigation Scheduling experience.
• Must have knowledge of functional differences between Motion Calendar AND Special Set.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook and WORD.
• Excellent grammar (verbal and written), proof-reading and listening skills.
• Bilingual English/Spanish (not required but A plus).
• Excellent Professional phone etiquette, professional manner, and appearance.
• Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
• Able to work independently as well as be a team player.
• Personable, Friendly and outgoing and able to multi-task.
• Dependability and Reliability.
• Be flexible to work overtime and take on additional responsibility, as needed.