Our Client is seeking an AWS Solutions Architect to join their rapidly growing AWS Services team! This fast paced, cutting edge group is a devops focused team responsible for working directly with customers to help them adopt, monitor, and manage their evolving cloud computing needs. The AWS Solutions Architect is a senior level high-impact role which will play a key part in driving the continued growth of their AWS business. In addition to helping existing customers maintain and grow their AWS footprint, you will also:
- Participate in pre-sales activities including helping prepare proposals, proof-of-concepts, demonstrations, roadmaps, and architectural design sessions
- Be positioned as the client’s trusted adviser making best practice recommendations and approaches to unlock the full potential of running solutions on AWS
- As a trusted adviser this role will evangelize DevOps approaches by working with software engineers to build automated CI/CD pipelines and automating the monitoring and operational needs of the AWS environments
Key Job Responsibilities
- Mentor and train a team of AWS Administrators and AWS Systems Engineers and facilitate cross training within and between departments.
- Technical liaising between customers, development & support teams
- Provide technical leadership to support teams & stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with Agile software engineering teams to design and develop continuous integration, continuous deployment pipelines leveraging tools like CodePipeline and Jenkins.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and recurring problems that impact production applications or business processes
- Design, document, and maintain architecture diagrams for systems, processes, and interfaces
- Direct collaboration with customer account management teams to formulate and help execute delivery and growth strategy
- Be an AWS evangelist, who is passionate about educating customers on the value of our Client and AWS
- Participate in architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
- Facilitate hands-on educational sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering, or already using, AWS
- Build proof of concepts (POCs) to actively demonstrate solutions
- Manage incidents as a point of escalation and resolving issues quickly and concisely for high profile AWS environments.
Required skills and experience
- Comprehensive understanding of AWS including: AWS Command Line (CLI), AWS SDK, current AWS product offerings and services, best practices and troubleshooting techniques, and experience providing systems administration and issue resolution for AWS.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional is a must. Experience with CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM Roles, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager, cross account AIM group policies, auditing, and monitoring.
- Expert level experience with IaaS – EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, and Glacier
- Data Management – Redshift, RDS, EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Mastery with one or more scripting or programming languages.
- Experience with security and compliance in AWS
- Demonstrated experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet (Configuration Management), CodePipeline and Jenkins (Continuous Integration/Development).
- Good judgment in proactively identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively within a team, while also taking the initiative to lead when needed. Ability to influence others and gain support for ideas is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at the same time. This includes support of existing customers, building out environments for new customers, and ongoing projects.
- The ability to keep current with the latest AWS service offerings and willingness to accept training and certification
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Preferred skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with DevOps, Private/Hybrid/Public cloud configurations, patterns, and practices.
- Experience with cloud platforms Azure, Google, SoftLayer.
- Experience with Docker
- Ability to work with REST API.
- Knowledge of datacenter management, ITIL and MOF operational processes.
- Open Source experience is a plus.
- 100% paid employee medical and dental insurance premiums
- Paid vacations
- 401(k) Plan with guaranteed match
- Paid disability insurance
- Paid life insurance
- On-site fitness center
- Free personal trainers
- Free gym memberships
- Free refreshments
- Free fresh fruit and snacks
- St. Louis Cardinals & St. Louis Blues tickets for our employees